Design and oversee the development of a virtual conference at McGill
Application Period: Jan. 7, 2021 - Jan. 29, 2021
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Nous n'acceptons plus les candidatures pour ce poste.
Contact: Prof. Lindsay Holmgren <email@example.com>
Professor Lindsay Holmgren is hiring an RA through the Desautels Faculty of Management to design and oversee the development of a virtual conference to be held from May 19 – 22, 2021, including roughly 300 presenters, for a large international scholarly organization (ISSN). Job will include working collaboratively with counterparts at Johns Hopkins University (JHUP) on authentication and authorization design and implementation. Additionally, the RA position could remain ongoing following the conference (if RA is able to continue) to engage in the full development of a new website for a large, international scholarly organization, including the migration of information from the former website, which will be closed.
Start date: Jan. 15, 2021
End date: Jun. 30, 2021
Schedule: 5-10 hours per week, depending on need
Location: Remote work
Salary: $25 per hour
Description of duties:
Design and oversee programming for virtual conference, including authorization programming / manage website development for new website with authorizations.
- Must have: authorization programming skills. RA will work collaboratively with a programmer for Johns Hopkins University Press (JHUP) who is currently awaiting the start of the project. They will need to write the programming for four different levels of authorization, combining authorization coding from Johns Hopkins University, C-Vent (CC processing), and the ISSN website.
- Must have: strong sense of responsibility, capacity to manage 3 undergraduate tech supporters during conference, interest in/ideas about virtual conference development.
- Nice to have: knowledge of cloud storage. Work with Zoom—with whom ISSN has its own contract—to manage cloud storage (a new area for Zoom) and conference videos. Some of the videos from the conference will be available to ISSN members only in perpetuity on ISSN website, and all conference videos will be available to paid conference registrants for one month following the conference.
- Nice to have: virtual conference development skills, including the development of the conference website. Conference participants will be required to upload their no-more-than-12-minute videos within our Zoom account (using Zoom to record, save to their computers, and then upload to the site) two weeks before the conference. The actual conference live portion will be only the Q&As from the talks.
- Nice to have: familiarity with Word Press.
To apply: Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org