COMP 360: Algorithm Design
- Instructor: Yang Cai
Office Hours: Tue 15:30 - 16:30, MC 324.
- TA: Mashbat Suzuki (Office Hours: Fri 11:00 - 12:00, MC 303)
Tommy Reddad (Office Hours: Wed 13:00 - 14:00, MC 109)
Florian Shkuti (Office Hours: Mon 16:00 - 17:00, MC 403)
- Course Description: Advanced algorithmic techniques and applications. The outline of the course can be found here.
- Syllabus: See the pdf.
- Textbook: Algorithm Design, by Jon Kleinberg and Eva Tardos.
- Prerequisites: This is a rigorous course with an emphasis on mathematical proofs rather than implementations. The prerequisites are Comp 251 and one of Math 240/Math 235/Math 363.
- Assessment: The grade comprises the following components:
- 25% from homework problems: there will be 5 problem sets.
- 25% from the midterm exam.
- 50% from the final exam.
Previous incarnation of this class: