Graduated, and looking for full-time employment in Montreal?
Application Period: June 11, 2021 - July 2, 2021
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Nous n'acceptons plus les candidatures pour ce poste.
Who we are and what we believe in
Do you love to learn ? Do you love to build ? We are looking for a person that is passionate about Information Technology. We are looking for someone that can demonstrate they have an amazing ability to learn, and quickly use that knowledge to get things done.
Robco is a unique 110 year old manufacturing company. Our mission pushes our people to build, create, and improve both professionally and personally. Our information technology stack is a good example of what makes us unique. We believe that Open Source software is incredibly empowering and have deployed it extensively across our architecture.
You can find us at: https://robco.com
Who we are looking for
The candidate that will prosper and flourish at Robco is someone:
- Has patience to deal with tech-unsavvy personnel and can easily communicate with
- Is OK with a balanced mix of mundane and complex-difficult work
- Can easily multitask and jump from one user issue to the next
- Has a preference for Linux and Ubuntu
- Loves learning and applying what they learn
- Loves the opportunity of a small company mentality and working with a small team
- Will research why something is not working to prevent future failures
Most importantly, someone who shares our common values, beliefs, interests, and passions (did we mention open source is part of our DNA?
“Things” we really like: Homeassistant, ESP32/ESPHome, LXD/LXC, Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi’s, Drones, IoT, 3D Printing, Robots, Homelabs, Online privacy
About our technology stack:
Zimbra, Adempiere on PostGreSQL, OpenLDAP, NextCloud, Samba, Redmine, Salt, FreeRTOS, Gitlab, AWS
Our desktops and laptops run Ubuntu and most of our servers are containerized in LXD/LXC env.
Our servers are on premise for the most part
Tasks you would be doing (and learning to do!)
- Field all internal employee IT related user issues ranging from printer issues, connectivity, phones, file servers, emails etc
- Support offsite staff in other locations including Quebec city, Ontario and western Canada
- Support 2 other IT Administrators in their daily tasks
- Participate in the documentation of IT processes
- Learn about our unique Information Technology stack with the goal of being able to
Why you will love joining our team
- A wide scope of IT challenges!! We are a small company with inhouse infrastructure.
- Interactive work environment which revolves around learning new things and applying them
- You will work with 2 other IT administrators supported by upper management.
- You will be amazed at how much there is too learn
What's great about Robco
- Family like environment that believes the team is the most important perk of the job.
- Flexible working conditions to encourage a healthy work life balance.
- Values the importance of cultural diversity
- Comprehensive group insurance plan (including life, health, dental, disability)
- Defined Contribution benefit plan with matching company contributions Volunteer Program including 2 paid days annually to support your community Employee Anniversary recognition program
- Casual working environment situated along the beautiful Lachine canal
If this seems like a great fit for you then get in touch! In the email message, tell us what inspires you about IT and what you want to learn more about. If you have read this then you will know that your introduction will intrigue us more than your resume!
Email your resume here email@example.com with Subject: Desktop Support Specialist