Letter (A-F) grade
This was an April Fools' joke, of course. This page will be left here in case anyone is interested in seeing what it was.
I have set up a program to give you your final letter grade for MATH
363. Hopefully, this will remove the anxiety from some of you so that
you can focus on learning. Please e-mail me if you get any unexpected errors.
I have already entered all the constants
for this course into the configuration file. You just need to fill in
this form. Your requests are sent to
the CLUMEQ cluster to speed things up. For this reason,
please do not submit more than one request as computing resources are
limited. Below are the instructions which I have
copied verbatim from the program's documentation.
- Please read the warning in the next section before proceeding.
- Fill in this form. Please answer questions as accurately as possible.
- Submit the form.
- A preliminary check for errors will be made. Please correct any
- If there are no errors, your request will be queued. A ticket
number and the time when your request will finish processing will be
- Come back when your request is processed
and enter your ticket number here.
- Once entered, you will obtain your final letter grade for this
course (currently, MATH 363).
How it works
This program will tell you your final letter grade (A to F including +
and -) for this course (currently, MATH 363). It uses an experimental
neural network which has been in training for the past 3 years on
various supercomputing clusters using data obtain from many
courses. The final set of selected features has shown a 99.9% accuracy
on the validation data.
Although the selected features may seem unusual, it
is necessary to answer all of them as accurately as possible in order
to obtain a correct result. Still, because of the shear size of the
neural net, it may take quite some time to process each
submission. It is advisable to run the neural net on local
supercomputer. This program is still in beta. Please read the warnings below.
- Because of the experimental nature of this program, we cannot
guarantee that the result you obtain is your actual final
grade. However, 99.9% accuracy was obtained on the validation data
- Once your final grade is seen, it is no longer possible to change
it through any actions.
- This program may break causality. Use at your own
By submitting this form, you attest having read the warnings above.