COMP 303 Fall 2007
- To familiarize yourself with the Eclipse Platform.
- To learn how to import and manage projects in Eclipse.
- To understand how to setup and use CVS through Eclipse.
- To review Java programming and start familiarizing yourself with
some of the basic Java 1.5 constructs.
- To familiarize yourself with the JUnit testing framework.
- Make sure you have access to an installed version of Eclipse 3.3.
- Download the project archive on your local drive.
- Open Eclipse and click Help | Cheat Sheets....
- Select the third radio button, "Enter the URL of a cheat sheet".
- Paste the following URL into the box and click OK http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~martin/teaching/comp303-fall-2007/Setup.xml
- Complete the cheat sheet
- Experiment with the various util classes by writing unit
tests for them.
There is no formal evaluation for this part. However, your knowledge
of the material is necessary to complete the other parts of the
project, and is subject to examination.