The webpage and I have returned to the old world. This site is no longer being maintained.
This site is no longer being maintained
I am lecturer at the University of Birmingham in Modern Statistics mostly interested in probability theory and its applications to the analysis of random discrete structures covering:
- the analysis of algorithms,
- random trees and graphs,
- urn processes,
- continuum trees and fractal dimensions.
- 2016: Post-Doc at the University of Münster with Zakhar Kabluchko [Feodor Lynen Return Fellowship of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation]
- 2014-2016: Post-Doc at McGill University, Montreal with Luc Devroye (two years) [Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation]
- 2013-2014: Post-Doc at INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt with Nicolas Broutin (one year) [Post-Doc scholarship from the FSMP]
- 2013: Post-Doc at the Goethe University of Frankfurt with Ralph Neininger (three months).
- 2012: Post-Doc at the the McGill University of Montreal with Luc Devroye (six months).
Post-graduate student at the Goethe University
Frankfurt under the supervision of
Ralph Neininger. Phd obtained in May 2012 (thesis available for download below).
Studies in mathematics and theoretical physics
at the Goethe University of Frankfurt.
Diploma obtained in February 2007 under the supervision of Ralph Neininger.
Publications and Preprints
- Das Profil zufälliger Binärsuchbäume. (in German) Diploma thesis, 2006.
- A functional limit law for the profile of plane-oriented recursive trees. (English summary) Fifth Colloquium on Mathematics and Computer Science, 339-350, Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci. Proc., AI, Assoc. Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci., Nancy, 2008.
- On a Functional Contraction Method. Dissertation, 2012.
- A limit process for partial match queries in random quadtrees and 2d-trees, joint work with Nicolas Broutin and Ralph Neininger, The Annals of Applied Probability 23(6), 2560-2603, 2013. [arxiv]
limit process for optimal FIND
algorithms, joint work with
Neininger and Michael
Electronic Journal of Probability 19, 28 pp, 2014. [arxiv]
- Analysis of radix selection on Markov sources, joint work with Kevin Leckey and Ralph Neininger, Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Probabilistic, Combinatorial and Asymptotic Methods for the Analysis of Algortihms.(Eds. M. Bousquet-Mélou, M. Soria).DMTCS-HAL Proceedings series, 253-264, 2014. [arxiv]
- The dual tree of a recursive triangulation of the disk, joint work with Nicolas Broutin, The Annals of Probability, 43(2), 738-781, 2015. [arxiv]
- On a functional contraction method, joint work with Ralph Neininger, The Annals of Probability, 43, 1777-1822, 2015. [arxiv]
- On martingale tail sums for the path length in random trees, Random Structures & Algorithms, doi:10.1002/rsa.20674 2016. [arxiv]
- On martingale tail sums in affine two-color urn models with multiple drawings, joint work with Markus Kuba, to appear in Journal of Applied Probability, 2016. [arxiv]
- Process convergence for the complexity of Radix Selection on Markov sources, joint work with Kevin Leckey and Ralph Neininger, submitted for publication, 2016. [arxiv]
- General Edgeworth expansions with applications to profiles of random trees, joint work with Zakhar Kabluchko and Alexander Marynych, submitted for publication, 2016. [arxiv]
- Mode and Edgeworth Expansion for the Ewens Distribution and the Stirling Numbers, joint work with Zakhar Kabluchko and Alexander Marynych, Journal of Integer Sequences, 19(8), 2016. [arxiv]
- Self-similar real trees defined as fixed-points and their geometric properties, joint work with Nicolas Broutin, submitted for publication, 2016. [arxiv]
The heavy path approach to Galton-Watson trees with an application to Apollonian networks, joint work with
Luc Devroye and Cecilia Holmgren,
submitted for publication, 2017. [arxiv]
- A new proof for Donsker's invariance principle, 9th German open conference on probability and statistics, Leipzig (Germany), 2010. [slides]
- Probabilistic analysis of a search tree problem, 12th Latin American Congress of Probability and Mathematical Statistics, Vina del Mar (Chile), 2012. [slides]
- Triangulations, dual trees and fractal dimensions, CMS Winter meeting, Montreal, 2015. [slides]
School of Mathematics
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT