- Assignments and solutions will be posted on the Schedule & Handouts page. Shortcut links will also be posted below.
- Assignments must be submitted by the beginning of
class on the day they are due. Code for
programming questions must have been submitted
electronically, and must compile. Submitted code files
must have the extension
.sml. Answers to theoretical questions may be submitted electronically as a pdf file, or on paper at the beginning of class.
- Files are submitted electronically using the
handinfile submission tool (see the FAQ page for more information on
- Submission problems with handin can result in a 50% deduction
- If you use a late day (see the course outline), your assignment is due 24
hours later. If you use both late days, it is due 48 hours later.
When using late days to submit written answers to theoretical questions, you should:
handinto submit a pdf file of with your answers, or
- give your answers to a member of the course staff (or an officemate, labmate, etc.) before the deadline, or
- make other arrangements in advance (before 5 pm the previous day).
- Submit files electronically using the
handintool (see the FAQ page for more information on
- If you want to typeset your answers to theoretical assignment questions, we recommend
proof.sty, a collection of LaTeX macros for typesetting deductions.
- Emphasis is on correctness and elegance.
All your assignment marks and comments are collected into individual protected feedback files.
Your username is your SOCS username and your password is your McGill ID. If you have any technical issues (e.g. you can't login, your feedback page is corrupted, there's a discrepancy between what's on your feedback page and what's been communicated to you previously, etc.), or if you have any comments or suggestions concerning this service.