David Avis and Kazuo Iwama
Cuturi, Satoru Iwata, Naoki
Katoh, Hiroshi Nagamochi, Shin-ichi Tanigawa
Montreal: Miguel Anjos, Guyslain Naves, Bruce Reed, Bruce Shepherd
- To combine the research efforts of two major research groups in discrete optimization, one in Kyoto and one in Montreal.
- To solve concrete problems, contributing to the training of young researchers in computer science and optimization.
January-April 2012. Project start-up. Working group on computing a Nash equilibrium and on evacuation models.
M. Anjos et D. Avis
Project summary :
optimization is a branch of computer science and applied mathematics
which has shown remarkable theoretical and practical development in
recent years. It combines the techniques of combinatorial analysis,
linear programming and the theory of algorithms with the goal of
solving optimization problems with discrete decision variables. We will
consider the five subprojects below:
1. Evacuation models
2. Efficient generation of molecules in biology and chemistry
3. Generation of a Nash equilibrium by the primal-dual interior point method
4. Application of polyhedral computation to machine learning
muliflows in networks
Project Financing : N.S.E.R.C. and J.S.P.S.