Looking for Render Wrangler...
Application Period: July 2, 2015 - July 31, 2015
The Render Wrangler is responsible to help and support the rendering process of our Visual Effects productions. The Render Wrangler is involved with every aspect of our production pipeline. Reporting directly to the Pipeline team, the Render Wrangler interacts with Visual Effects Artists, Technical Directors, IT as well as VFX producers.
A Render Wrangler is an entry-level position for those interested in a technical-track position (Technical Director, IT, etc...).
This position is on the night shift.
The functions include:
- Monitor, manage and maintain the ability of the Render Farm to function at its maximum.
- Monitor, manage, monitor and audit renders for daily deliveries.
- Maintain, track rendering priorities.
- Plan and communicate effectively in regards of resources allocations in accordance with the needs of the projects and of the production team.
- Help and support the artists with support requests and errors.
- Monitor infrastructure (servers) and identify problems.
- Manage Studio Emergency calls outside of regular hours.
- Plan and manage the archiving and backup of all daily projects.
- With the help of the R&D team, help to develop tools to support production.
The ideal candidate:
- High proficiency working with Linux, Python and tcsh.
- Ability to prioritize work, perform multiple tasks and work under time constraints
- Self-driven, proactive, reliable.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills, English and
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills as required
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced atmosphere
- Knowledge of queuing systems, scheduling algorithms, SQL (MySQL), Qube, Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Arnold and other industry tools VFX a plus.
Start date : Immediately
Studio : Montreal, Quebec City or Los Angeles
Remuneration : Competitive salary based on experience