TECHNOLOGY ANALYST – INFORMATION SYSTEMS & TECHNOLOGY (P1728)
Application Period: March 17, 2015 - March 27, 2015
Concordia University - University Library
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems and Technology, the incumbent facilitates, mediates and ensures support for the Library’s use of technologies for services in teaching, learning, and research by working collaboratively with multiple IT teams, librarians, and library patrons
- Take an active role in the ongoing development and implementation of the technology program.
- Engage research faculty, and create tools and guides to enhance services.
- Implement technical projects of varying scale under minimal supervision. Demonstrate initiative in solving unexpected problems associated with projects and daily work.
- Proactively establish a positive relationship by demonstrating a sense of urgency in interactions with clients.
- Support activities that are led by Librarians.
- Coordinate routine maintenance needs performed by technicians, maintenance requiring routine assistance, and maintenance requiring outside vendor. Interact with hardware and software vendors as appropriate to solve problems.
- Perform other duties as required in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience in audiovisual technology, electronic prototyping platforms, and 3D printing.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g.: Python, Java, C, C++, Max/MSP/Jitter) and experience with visualization programming (e.g.: Processing, R, D3.js).
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) in order to effectively communicate advanced technical issues and practices to a wide range of skill levels from beginners to advanced is crucial.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented, project based work environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and planning skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge as demonstrated by an understanding and use of the principles, theories and practices pertinent in the area of responsibility.
- Experience with microcontrollers (such as Arduino, PIC, Atmel).
Salary: $58,057.68 - $69,384.31per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 27, 2015, to:
Concordia University, Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.