Web Design Consultant
Application Period: Feb. 12, 2015 - Feb. 25, 2015
Contact: Send your CV to email@example.com and clearly indicate the reference number.
- Position Title: Web Design Consultant (MT7475, IST1E, GR3)
- Faculty/Unit: Faculty of Medicine, Department of Human Genetics
- Reporting to: Program Director
- Hours: 33.75
- Salary Range: $44,000 - $55,100 (midpoint) - $66,200
- Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
- Reference Number: MT7475
Job Summary (for temporary assignments) www.mcgill.ca/hr/app/role-profiles-clerical OR Position Context (for developmental and term) www.mcgill.ca/hr/app/role-profiles-management :
Primary Responsibilities OR Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design process with other team members on design styles and approaches for all projects, and help them to envision the final, implemented solution.
- Iteratively write new code to incorporate new concepts and test new designs.
- Focus on user experience, intuitive interfaces and interaction layers to create user-friendly web pages and applications.
- Ensure design details are implemented correctly using best coding practices, including proper code commenting.
- Design, build, test, deploy, monitor and maintain front-end components.
- Make proper use of a revision control system such as Bit Bucket with Git.
- Setup and maintain automation tools for testing, continuous integration & delivery such as Selenium and Jenkins.
- Setup and maintain monitoring solutions to keep good web applications up time.
- Contribute in the technological researches and the prototyping.
- Optimize code when needed while making use of good software practices.
- Provide design maintenance of the IHEC Data Portal and additional websites offered by the Centre, and ensure proper electronic documentation.
- Make use of an issue tracking system such as Atlassian JIRA to document tasks, issues and bugs, and the resolution status of these.
- Ensure that all finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design.
- Maintain and provide support on Intranet site.
- Ensure that all Internet standards are met and that the company does not intentionally violate any standards or licenses that would place our domain in jeopardy.
Education/Experience: (from generic) DEC III (Computer Science or related field) Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills and ability to work in a highly interactive group.
- Demonstrated sound intuition in making efficient and simple-to-use browser-based interfaces.
- Knowledge and experience in using the following technologies/formats is a strong asset: jQuery, D3, Perl, Python, JSON, CSS and relational databases.
- Interest in the field of genetics and bioinformatics would be an asset.
- English and French (spoken and written).
- Possessing a web application portfolio would be an asset.