Hacking Health Design Challenge
Quartier de l'innovation
- Project Officer, Quartier de l'innovation, McGill University
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:30 a.m. - Nov. 6, 2014, 5:30 p.m.
Montreal Convention Centre, 159 Rue Saint Antoine Ouest
The Quartier de l'innovation (QI) invites you to partake in the Montreal Summit on
Innovation (MSI)'s Hacking Health Design Challenge, taking place on November 6th in
parallel to the summit. The Hacking Health Design Challenge is organized by Hacking
Health Canada and f.&co. Its aim is to improve healthcare by inviting technology
creators, healthcare professionals and students to collaborate on realistic,
human-centric solutions to front-line problems. It is a hands-on event where small
teams tackle tough problems in a supportive community of peers and mentors: students
from McGill, ÉTS, Concordia and UQAM will participate in this challenge, alongside
designers and various experts. The HHDC will be preceded by a special cocktail on
November 5th where participants will learn their challenge and will be followed by a
"dragon's den" presentation on November 20th with prizes to be won. To know more
about the challenge, click here
Aspiring hackers, do you want to:
- Push the limits of your creativity and enjoy a unique experience?
- Join a multidisciplinary team of professional designers and physicians and hone your skills by working on real-world challenges?
- Be a driving force on your team and expand your professional network?
- Develop an innovative solution to improve the everyday lives of patients?
- You are a full-time university student with proof of registration.
- You have a relevant background in health care or design.
- You have basic knowledge of empathetic initiatives.
- You are a strong team player.
- You have a real interest in health care.
- You are available the evening of November 5 (preparatory evening), November 6 all day (Hacking Health Design Challenge) and the evening of November 20 (Dragon's Den-inspired event).
Given the limited number of places, please send us the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Proof of university registration
Registration deadline (see document attached) and selection process:
- Application deadline: Friday, October 17, 2014
- Email application to: email@example.com
- Results of the selection process: Wednesday, October 22, 2014
For any questions related to the application process, please contact Ariane Guay-Jadah firstname.lastname@example.org